KERRY COLLEGE OF FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING (Kerry College) has confirmed a start date for its courses for third level progression of Monday, 21st September.
The college has also clarified details about the learner experience in September.
Kerry College is planning for smaller, socially distanced class sizes with learners on-campus every week for full direct delivery.
NEW START DATE
• Clash Road, Denny Street and Listowel campuses run to the academic year.
New courses now start on 21 September. Registration week begins Monday 14 September.
• At Monavalley campus, courses start year-round. Interviews have started for courses scheduled to start next month.
• You can browse & sign up for all courses online: https://kerrycollege.ie/full-time-courses/
LESS BLENDED LEARNING, MORE ON-CAMPUS, SMALLER CLASSES
• Kerry College plans is to have learners on-campus every week for full direct delivery.
• Daily start times and break times will be staggered.
• Many class sizes have been reduced to comply with social distancing.
• Additional resources are in place to ensure as safe a learning environment as possible.
RANGE OF FULLY FUNDED EDUCATION & TRAINING
• There are no application, tuition or material fees for any full-time Kerry College courses.
• A 130 euro course acceptance fee applies for courses for progression.
• Applicants may be eligible for one of 3 funding options:
SUSI Grant, Training Payment or Back to Education Allowance.
• Learning supports will be available.
OTHER POINTS OF NOTE
• Kerry College will welcome back 3000 plus learners / apprentices to our campus locations this Autumn.
• The college’s highest priority is the safety and security of our staff, learners and the wider community.
• We are focused on delivery to best possible education and training experience.
• This year in particular, it makes sense to stay local. For safety.For the local economy.
• Kerry is one of the safest counties to be in.
• For many this is a time to retrain, refocus or upskill. We have a range of options.
Kerry College offers over 100 full time courses across its campus locations in Tralee at Monavalley, Clash Road and Denny Street and at Listowel. These courses include: Applied Science, Social Studies, Culinary Arts, Nursing, IT Support, Animation, Music, Computer Game Design, CAD, Engineering, Business, Medical and Office Administration, Healthcare, Pharmacy Sales, Physiotherapy, Outdoor Activity Instructor Training, Sports Nutrition, Pre-Teaching, Pre-Law and Pre-Garda Studies and Pre-PE Teaching amongst others.
Kerry College Admissions Officer John Herlihy is urging those who are considering staying local this year to apply to Kerry College now:
“There are no tuition fees on any full-time course at Kerry College. There are a range of grant and funding options. Applicants should know that course capacities are lower for some courses which means fewer places are available. The message is: Don’t Wait – Apply Now.”
For queries, contact Celine or Meaghan on 066-714 96 96.