The festive season is once more nearly upon us in and it can be an expensive time for parents and families, adding pressure to already stretched household
budgets. It is important that families in the North Kerry area know that the credit union is here to help – whether it is to set up a savings or budget plan in advance of Christmas or to assist families with a loan. Listowel Credit Union offers a competitive interest rate for Christmas loans.
The great thing about a personal loan at Listowel Credit Union is that there are no hidden fees or transaction charges and credit union interest rates are fair and reasonable and are capped by law. Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment. Your credit union loan is also insured in the event of your death – subject to terms and conditions – at no direct cost to you. Other lenders may charge for this. You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments all without a penalty.
To help ‘CU Through’ this Christmas, Listowel Credit Union has come up with some useful tips:
• Set a realistic Christmas budget and stick to it.
• Make a list and check it twice – Make a list before you shop, if you decide in the store you’ll spend more.
• Keep it local, shop for sales and local bargains.
• Avoid high interest doorstep credit that is offered by moneylenders.
• Use your Credit Union NOT your Credit Card.
• Join a Christmas club or buy some saving stamps.
• If you’re buying lots of presents, why not suggest Kris Kringle or set price limits. (Kris Kringle: put all names into a hat, everyone picks out ONE name to buy that ONE person, ONE present.
Denis Dillane, Manager of Listowel Credit Union said; “The ethos of the credit union is simple – we are here to offer friendly, accessible financial services in the local community through savings and loan services. We would urge anyone who is planning for the costs of Christmas to call in and speak to us in Listowel or Ballybunion. Listowel Credit Union offers its members budgeting and savings advice as well as competitive rates on loans.”
Loans are subject to approval. Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. Listowel Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.